MARbullS (noun): Middle-Aged Rebel bull breed Supporters

Friday, December 25, 2009

I haven't blogged about Muncie and his training in a long time (I know I've been bad). He has come a long way since the last time I posted and I am so very proud of him. He is still afraid of dogs but he's snarking a whole lot less and his recovery time is so much faster. He will even look at other dogs with interest now, rather than fear.

His trainer took him off the Halti/Gentle Leader (over the snout) harnesses a few months ago and put him in a regular walking harness with a martingale collar. This has really helped his recovery time. Here he is walking with his trainer, sporting his new red harness (goes good with his yellow, orange and red bandanna don'tcha think?) Too bad I can't walk that relaxed with him.

Alas; it is still me who is Muncie's biggest problem! If only I could learn to relax and not panic when I see another dog coming our way. I need to stop putting a death grip on his leash because that is nothing but a signal to him that he needs to go into panic mode. Thank God his wonderful trainer is a patient person. :-)

1 comment:

Catahoulagirl said...

You made your trainer cry. While I see loose leash, I also see a tense dog. Panting, tense back leg and crook in tail. However. Monk has come so far. Can't wait to see him in the future. Go Monk, go!